The Big Boys Curry Book
Naryal Farcha, Coconut Chicken 'NickNick'
This recipe originally came to me from an old (and now sadly deceased,) friend, Nick Mortimer, and I have sort of adapted it over time to make it even simpler. This really is very easy. Nick used to have an annual garden party and this dish was a firm favourite for years.
- Whole chicken, skinned, washed and chopped into pieces
- 1 lg pot of natural yoghurt
- 2 green chillies, chopped fine
- 2 tblspn dessicated coconut
- 1 tspn ground cummin
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn ground black pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- Score chicken pieces with a sharp knife
- Mix all ingredients together in a non metallic bowl, making sure that chicken is totally covered.
- Leave chicken to marinade in fridge for at least 3 hours and preferably overnight.
- Barbecue or grill chicken pieces in the marinade. You can micro-wave the pieces for 3-5 minutes first if at all worried about undercooking but make sure that you replace any marinade onto chicken before placing on barbecue.